What is Montessori Year Round?
Montessori Year Round (MYR) describes classrooms for children ages 18 months through age six that are open for students throughout the year. At both the Toddler and Children’s House levels, the classroom setting and teaching staff are consistent for students’ continued growth and development through out the year.
The 2016-17 Montessori Year Round Program will run from Monday, August 29, 2016 to Friday, August 18, 2017, with a one-week Winter Break. For a listing of other days off, please see below. Please see our Tuition Rates for more information.
Why Montessori Year Round?
We realize that for many families, finding childcare during school holidays and summer break poses a significant challenge. We also recognize that young children are often not flexible thinkers, and the transition from an academic program to a summer program, with varying schedules, teachers, locations, materials, and expectations provides unnecessary strain and obstacles to overcome. For example, during long breaks, students can lose their grounding in the order, beauty, and sense of peace provided in the Montessori classroom. They may also lose mastery over some of their skills. The MYR Community allows children the continuity they need and continued momentum for learning.
Dates for Montessori Year Round
School will be IN SESSION during the following days/weeks (that children following the regular Academic Calendar would NOT) with revised hours:
- A full 9 weeks of Montessori class in the summer (from Monday, June 13 to Friday, August 12, 2016 and Monday, June 12 to Friday, August 18, 2017 – drop-off and pick-up times vary based on your selection), including:
- An additional week of school before Summer Fun begins
- An additional week of school after Summer Fun ends
- Between 2 – 5 additional school days in December (Monday, December 19 to Friday, December 23, 2016 from 8:30am to 4:30pm), when the rest of the community is off for two full weeks
- 5 days in session during Spring Break (Monday, March 13 to Friday, March 17, 2017 from 8:30am to 4:30pm)
- 2 days in session during Parent/Guide Conferences (Friday, October 28, 2016 and Friday, April 28, 2017)
This is an additional 11.4 weeks for the 2016-17 school year. Academic school year children have 173 days of school, while Year Round children have 230 days of school.
The Montessori Year Round Program is closed on the following days:
- 2 days off in June after school lets out (Thursday, June 9 – Friday, June 10, 2016 and Thursday, June 8 – Friday, June 9, 2017)
- 2 weeks off in August for Staff Weeks (Monday, August 15 – Friday, August 26, 2016 and Monday, August 21 – Friday, September 1, 2017)
- December holidays (Monday, December 26 -Friday, December 30, 2016) – usually one week to 7 days
- All school holidays
- 2 Professional Development days a year (Friday, November 11, 2016 and Friday, February 17, 2017)
The following will be half-days for all students:
- Friday before Winter Break
- Friday before Spring Break
- Last day of school
Please click here for 2016-17 Tuition Rates for Montessori Year Round. Please contact our Admissions Office at email@example.com for more information.
Parents who need additional support with tuition can apply for financial aid.
Current parents of Greenspring Montessori School students should contact our Office of Admissions to learn more about the Montessori Year Round Program. Please give us a call at 410-321-8555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective parents interested in enrolling at Greenspring Montessori School are encouraged to visit at one of our upcoming Information Sessions. Here you can meet with our Director of Admissions and school staff, tour the campus, and ask questions. RSVP and learn more here.