Greenspring Montessori School is committed to making its educational programs accessible to families of all socio-economic backgrounds. To do this, we award financial aid to families who cannot afford to pay the full cost of tuition. Approximately 23% of students receive some form of financial aid. In the Toddler Program, awards may cover up to $1,000 toward the tuition. In the Children’s House Program, awards may cover up to 1/3 of the tuition. At the Elementary and Adolescent levels, awards may cover up to 1/2 of the tuition.
Application and Award Process
Financial Aid awards at Greenspring Montessori School are need-based, and are determined through a thorough evaluative process beginning with a family’s application through FACTS Management Company, a secure online program that evaluates a family’s ability to pay tuition based on a variety of factors. Among the factors considered are: income, net worth, housing costs, number of children paying tuition, and cost of living for our area.
Upon receiving the FACTS recommendation, Greenspring Montessori School’s Tuition Assistance Committee evaluates the recommended award based upon our applicant pool and available dollars. We evaluate each application on a case-by-case basis and review all applications comparatively to ensure equity and fairness in our decisions.
Important Dates for 2020-21
Sunday, December 1, 2019 – FACTS portal begins accepting Financial Aid applications
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 – Tuition Assistance Deadline for Returning Families (applications must be completed/submitted via FACTS)
Friday, January 31, 2020 – Tuition Assistance Deadline for New Families (applications must be completed/submitted via FACTS)
Thursday, February 20, 2020 – Notification Date for those who applied for aid by the January 31, 2020 deadline (Financial Aid notifications and Admissions notifications will be sent together)
Steps in the Financial Aid Process
1. To begin your application, click on this link to FACTS. The application will take 30-45 minutes to complete. Once you begin, you will create a user name and password that will allow you to exit the application and return at a later time, if needed.
2. To complete the online application, you will need your Federal income tax return from the most recently ended tax year (2018 W-2 and 1040 at the time of the application, and 2019 W-2 and 1040 when available to confirm your award). Because of this, we strongly encourage you to plan to complete and file your tax return in the first week of February. Other financial information, such as household income and expenses, utility information, insurance costs (home, life, auto, medical), medical expenses, etc. may also be requested.
3. A hard copy of your filed Federal income tax return is required as part of your FACTS application and must be sent to FACTS by the tuition assistance deadline.
4. An application fee is required and can be paid to FACTS online by credit card.
5. Applications must be submitted in their entirety by the Tuition Assistance deadline. Applications received after this date will be reviewed in order of date received, if funds remain for disbursement.
6. Your family will receive a letter notifying you of the Tuition Assistance Committee’s decision about your application on the Notification Date.
7. Tuition Assistance appeals can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order for the Tuition Assistance Committee to fully consider an appeal, please write a letter detailing the circumstances that contribute to your appeal and the amount of additional funds sought. You may attach any supporting documents you feel may be helpful to the Tuition Assistance Committee. We request that your appeal be made within two week’s of your award letter’s date.
Education loans are also available through Tuition Solution, which offers low fixed-rates with no upfront fees. Please note that we are listed as the Montessori Society of Central Maryland on the Tuition Solution website. Please contact our Business Office at 410-321-8555 for more information. This program is separate from the school’s financial aid process, which gives grants, but it helps a number of families to make arrangements that work for them.
For additional Tuition Assistance information, or if you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-321-8555.